Thursday, September 30, 2010

You say Versace, I say Versachay

Firstly, My other blog La Dolce Vita, where I just wrote a blog about Spring Fashion 2011 (and is generally filled with awesomeness- even though it's only a baby like this one!)

Secondly, as promised, I found some real rippers when it came to my search for a gaudy house. But really I think this one takes the cake...

Some may think of Versace as the King of luxury, others may not give two hoots as to Versace (or va-sa-chay as the perfume girl said to me the other week...) is/was/does/lives. But I digress, this is worth a looksie purely for the 'really?' factor...

Once upon a time (in the 1930's to be precise) there was a beautiful home in Miami Beach, Florida owned by a Alden Freeman/ It was built as a homage to the oldest existing house in the Western Hemisphere 'Alcazar De Colon'. Seriously Beautiful.


Marvelous Exterior


In the 90's Gianni Versace purchased the property, restoring and (um) embellishing it. The couturier was fatally shot in this very home in 1997 on the entry steps upon his return from his morning walk.

The family sold the home to a Barton G. Weiss who turned the home into a hotel so that, for the right price, everyone can have a little bit of Versace.


Aviary Suite

The hotel features 10 suites, most of which come with DOUBLE KING BED (I had to put that in caps so you knew you weren't reading it wrong...)


Shexshy lounge

Personal butler per suite, marble toilet (only 3 in the entire world...), 12 person shower room and observatory


Observatory

I have heard that out of the pools million mosaic tiles, some are 24karat gold...


Very Versace

It is said that when Gianni died his sister, Donatella, couldn't handle the grief that the house brought upon her and she sold the house and contents to the current owner- but took the 24Karat toilet seat.


Donatella's Room, lovely mustard velvet blanket


A sad story and sad taste. Even sadder that people pay thousands in membership just to pay a few more thousand to stay there the night.

Each to their own, but can think of a few ways I would have decorated differently.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, a bit over the top. Exterior is nice but overdone here and there inside. More luxury villas, mansions and castles here: http://www.dreamhomedesignusa.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. I don't mind constructive criticism but if you cannot be polite to me and others you will no longer be welcome. be cool.